Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Finish Dance

Whew! Last week was a crazy week, yet everything that I started- I finished. This might not seem like a big deal to some, but for a natural procrastinator this is HUGE. One caveat, that is no mystery, is when there is money involved I seem to be highly motivated!! Go Figure!!

Friday when I finished the seat cushions my son, daughter and myself did the "Finish Dance" My son (13 months) loves to dance in circles, my daughter is the little ballerina, and as for me I pretty much look like Elaine Benes from Sienfield!! I can admit it I can't dance.

Here are some pictures of my finished products in there rightful place! She was so sweet to send me pictures.




Then on Saturday I finished my mother-in-laws dress. I have to say I am particularly proud of this dress. In high school I use to make all of my homecoming or prom dresses {I am weird I know it}, so this was so fun to make a formal dress again. The pictures really does not do it justice but here is a snap shot. As soon as she gets pictures with Nicholas Sparks I will post them!! I promise.

The finished dress with the shawl


I was able to use my own labels for her dress!! Very excited!


I really did the Finish Dance, for this project, once my M-I-L called and said the dress fits perfectly and she loves it!! Nothing could make me happier.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The cushions look so good in the room! Can't wait to see pics of the dress on MIL.

The Nester said...

Oh my gosh you really can sew! Looks great!

Love how you play up the procrastination and put a time! I'm in NC too!

Unknown said...

Love the cushions and the dress looks great. I can't wait to see pics of your MIL wearing it! I will never forget when you shorten the green dress for me in college. You are so talented!