Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Procrastinator- Not this week...

This week I am anything but a procrastinator...

I have a multitude of projects that I am working on and no time to spare!

I am making a dress for my mother-in-law. Yes, you read that correctly. I am making a cocktail dress for my m-i-l to wear to a cocktail event with Nicholas Sparks. You know the guy who wrote the Notebook. I could so watch that movie a million times over. SO I have been working extra hard to make sure that she looks wonderful at this event. The is the dress almost done. Plus I am making a shawl (because it is still cold in NC) The shawl is what is going to make this dress. It is turquoise on one side and lime green on the other. She is going to look great!! I will post pictures of the finished product later. Maybe she will send me a picture of her and Nicholas Sparks!!!

Then I am working on some seat cushions for a friend's sister. They look awesome. I have one completely done. I am not showing the finished product until I send the pictures to the person paying for them!! But here are the two ready to be stuffed.


Then I am working on a TON of dog collars for a side business I have with a friend, The Other Kid. We make custom dog collars and leashes. We got a huge order last week and we are so excited!!

Finally, I am still a full-time mom and working part-time for my old company. So needless to say every minute of my day counts. There has been no time for procrastination this week! It seems like the busier I am the more I get done. Go figure!!

I do have a small confession. As I have been buying material for all of these projects I have been also buying myself material for "OTHER PROJECTS" for myself. I can't help myself. I can't go into a fabric store without buying SOMETHING!! I need help!! I bought material for my kids' bathroom also our guest bathroom!! I am drooling over this material. I can't wait to share it with you!!!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The cushion shells look great! I'm going out there on Sat if you want me to take one or more let me know.

Andrea said...

Wow, you're busy! All of your projects sound great.

Suzi said...

Stopping by from SITS! You are one busy little lady. I can't wait to see the dress, shawl, and seat cushions. Good luck getting it all done.

Susie said...

Great job tackling those projects:-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments. I hope to see you there again soon:-)

Xazmin said...

Wow - you're project crazy! I love reading your blog and have given you an award - so come by and check it out!