Thursday, October 29, 2009

Decorating for Fall/Halloween Procrastinator Style

This is call the Procrastinator Crafter Blog for a reason...Once again I have seemed to wait until the last day to decorate for the Holiday. Like every other mother our there I have been busy!! There just doesn't seem to be enough time to decorate!!

Today I had both children home in the morning (by choice not because of illness) so I decided we were going to work on some Fall/Halloween projects!! If there is one thing my daughter loves is decorating or craft projects (I am so lucky.)

Our first project was to decorate some wood figures my mom sent the kids a month ago! Once they were colored I added them to a wreath. This isn't just any wreath! My Maternal grandmother (Mamma II) made this from grape vines my Paternal Grandfather grew at his home in SC. My Grandfather has been in heaven for 13yrs and my Grandmother has not lived in that home for 5 years so this wreath is extra special too me! I realize not much of it is showing but I know the history. Then I added a bow. Can you tell I have no bow making skills? Everything is upside down except for one side...gee wiz! Oh Well, I love it and so do the kids!


Then it was time to decorate with the gifts from mother nature. Lawson was a BIG help!


The finished product!!

I think my daughter has a better eye for decor then I do!! She really did this all herself. I just picked out the holder! I love the contrast in textures!

Then I filled in some picture frames that I had on display EMPTY for way too long...


Then I added little bit of whimsy to keep things fun...

Now I wish I had decorated for the Fall/Halloween sooner. I love Fall decor!! The house seems so festive now!!

A couple of other projects I completed earlier this month to finish out the tour...

Greeting my guests in the foyer is this sign...


And this is on my dining room table. I love this because it isn't moving until after Thanksgiving!!


Too be completely honest there is one project I just didn't have enough time to complete. I was hoping to make a topiary and use a painting technique I saw on V-spot. Oh well!! Maybe it will be done by Thanksgiving or maybe next Halloween!! Until then here it sits...


1 comment:

Katie said...

Way to go Lawson! You've got a future in design for sure. Love how it came out, if I'd have tried it would have looked much much much worse and I'd probably have given up.