Thursday, January 8, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

This blog has been in my head for several months now and I have been so excited about getting it started. I had planned on starting it on Jan 1st but in typical fashion I am late!! I started this blog as encouragement to myself to finish the million projects around my home. There are so many things I want to do but so little time!!

First let me introduce you to me...

I am a mother of 2 children, L is 3 and W is 1. They are my pride and joys!! I have a wonderful supportive husband, JC, and a very old dog named Chewy.

I LOVE to sew and craft. I learned to sew from my maternal grandmother, and have been sewing since I was in the 5th grade. If I could I would sew or craft all day or until my back gave out. I also enjoy painting (not very good) and home decoration (inspiring to be better).

I am queen of my expectations being bigger then my time (or something like that). I have all of these wonderful ideas in my head but for one reason or another I never get around to doing them. I am also queen of waiting until there is approximately 24hrs before the party or event before I start a project (Nothing like pressure to get something done).

I am also a pack-rat. From the outside you can't tell but open up any of my closets and WATCH OUT!! There is no telling what you will find. The surprising part is I can pretty much find anything I want in all of this madness. It is when I try to organize that I lose stuff!! In the depths of my closets there are tons of unfinished projects, scarves to be knit, material, frames, scrapbooks, and etc. You name it I have probably started it, written it down, cut it out, or bought random pieces (on sale) to do one day!! I hate throwing away anything with any sort of value or use!

So now that you know a little about me, let me share with you the purpose of my blog...

First- FINISH the projects laying around my house.

Second- When there is an event that we know about (example:Christmas) to not wait until the last minute. Less stress is a good thing!

Third- Be as resoursceful as possible. Use the materials around my house before going out and buying something! Maybe my pack-rat ways will be beneficial here!

I will show you my current projects, my up and coming projects, and the projects that need HELP! In return, I hope to get some input, opinions and support!! As I get further along I hope to have give-a-ways! I hope to inspire some of you into finding time and motivation to get those projects DONE!!!

Okay, lets get started and have some crafting fun!!

1 comment: