I started this blog in January of this year and this blog has been so inspirational to me. First, it keeps me on my toes and keeps me motivated and allows me to be me. Second, I have met some wonderful people whom I never would of met if my world was as small as the people I see every day. Third, if I were to name my top 5 hobbies this would be on my top 5!
I have been given another award by Xazmin. Either she really loves me or thinks I need some love by others. Which ever it is I will take it. She gave me my first and only award (until now) back in March. She knows how to make me soooo happy!!
The Rules of Accepting and Sharing this Award
1.Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show an attitude of gratitude
3. Link to your nominees within your post
4.Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award
5.Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award. Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude
There was a time in my life I had ZERO gratitude at all. It was the lowest time in my life and felt God was out to hurt me. One August night, my sweet, athletic, handsome brother died peacefully in his sleep at the age of 22. He died of a genetic heart disorder called Brugada. We had no knowledge of his disorder because he was of ideal health. He had just graduated from VMI Military Academy, played Division I basketball all the while going through military hell there. Then God decided he needed to be in heaven. I still to this day do not exactly understand why, but since then through my children I have been able to find a deeper amount of gratitude towards life's simple pleasures. Because at any moment it can all be taken away. The prayer "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, for if I die before I wake..." has deeper meaning then you can even imagine.
1. My brother, Chad is an identical twin and his surviving twin is Ryan. Ryan is just like him 6'5", unbelievably handsome, funny and just a good guy. Ryan has a deeper peace then I and he said it best to me one day "Maridith, I feel like Chad died so I could live" See Ryan was diagnosed with Brugada after Chad died and now has a defibrillator. I am grateful, but damn it is a hard pill to swallow!!
2. My husband. We have been through thick and thin, but through it all we LOVE each other and are best friends. He is my rock and is the most unbelievable man. We were made for each other!!
3. My children. What can I say I am so grateful I was blessed with two beautiful, healthy children. They are the light of my life and I am so glad to be their mom!!
4, My sister. I use to torture my sister (I was so mean) as a child but some where between 21-23 we became the best of friends. I talk to her EVERY DAY!! When we don't talk for a day it seems like weeks.
5. God. He never gave up on me even though for years I pushed him away. He loves me!
6. Okay this list could go on and one forever so I will end it with I am grateful every morning when I wake up and when my kids wake up (hopefully after 7AM). Each morning I say a prayer thanking God for another day!!
Now that I can barely see the computer screen through the tears, I am going to spread the award to other bloggers. Take it or leave it!!!
Jill's Believe it or Not
Katie at Nesting Spot- she has this award but I love her blog so I am giving it to her again!!!
Okay, I stink at this. It is late and I can't link to any more!! Sorry. I love you all and so appreciate your support!!!