Saturday, May 30, 2009

Walls are coming down...

On Friday, my husband came home saying he wanted to do a home project this weekend. Instead of jumping out of my skin with excitement and saying "So do you want to do A, B or C?" I calmly (smartly) said "So what are you thinking about?" he said "Maybe the wall?"

Now flashback to 3.5 years ago when we moved into this house and during the walk-through I say "This wall should come out so it would open up the den and the kitchen" and I just hear an "uh-huh" from hubby.

Well, apparently with enough, shall we say "encouragement," hubby has decided it is time to "work on the wall." The walls are coming down and kids it is time to go to the pool!!

Before: Looking from the garage door (the door we use to enter and exit our home) to the kitchen


Before: Looking towards the den and garage door.


When I came home from the pool hubby says to me "do not yell"...It was really hard to contain myself... it was awesome!! Lawson of course says "daddy I am mad at you, you put a HOLE in our wall. You shouldn't do that!!!!"

This is the view I need with 2 kids!!!
My hubby, hard at work...

Now that it is so open I might rethink my colors....(shhhh don't tell hubby, he might flip-out). He is such a good guy!!! He love to make me happy and I am REALLY HAPPY!!!! Can't wait to show you the finished project in a couple days!!!
Note: The fish tank is still in the house, but after much discussion the beloved fish tank is now in the foyer. I will show pictures later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good so far! Pops

Elizabeth said...

It looks awesome! Way to go Collins!

Free Art Printables said...

Holy cow! That is going to make a huge difference! jen

Xazmin said...

It looks so great! I love you're colors!

Heidi Boos said...

Oh, this will be so awesome!! I love it! I think you will really find it way more functional to be able to keep your eyes on the kids. Can't wait to see the finished product...and maybe new paint colors! (even though I really like the colors you have now)

Katie said...

Wow I can't believe you can go out and come back to a hole in the wall. It's great, can you send your handy husband up here to teach mine a thing or twenty!

Night Owl Mama said...

now I understand your project better and I luv it. Half walls are wonderful. I thought you were opening it all up. Luv the ledge and opening now you can see what's going on in the rest of the house while your trapped in the kitchen