After spray paint...
While we were picking out the perfect scrap book paper for the lining it occurred to me there is a lot a child can learn from a simple home project done with mom.
I involve my daughter (3 almost 4) in a lot of projects you see on this blog that end up beatifying my home rather then being hung up on the refridge and my motives could be questionable. However, there truly is no one prouder then my daughter to show a visitor all of the beautiful things she has made with her mommy (and it makes my heart sing with pride).
Note: I am not a teacher just a mom trying to teach my daughter there is lessons to be learned every where!!
The crafting lesson…
1. Picking out coordinating scrap booking paper. Lawson was in charge of making sure the box lining matched. Color coordination is vital to good fashion. (wink)
2. Measuring. I did the measuring but I made Lawson tell me each of the numbers aloud.
3. Once I made the mark I had Lawson cut along the line. Dexterity. Very good!!
4. Shapes. Tell me what shape we cut out.
5. Gluing. Mod Podge is Non-toxic and gluing is just plain old fun!!
6. Finishing a beautiful project that she and mommy can be proud of!!!!!
Lawson would not let me take a picture of her with the box, but she is proud of her creation. It is now in her room filled with lots of Barbie trinkets!!!